Friday, May 25, 2007

Are you losing your soul?!!!


Holidays ≠ Rest



I've been waited desperately for this summer holidays since the first day i started the previous semester. It might be sounded kind of saddening 'cause it seems like campus life is all about sufferings for me, whic
h I cant wait to get rid of...

Yeah, it finally comes, 3 months of summer holidays, but I'm still as busy as usual, but the different thing compared term times is that I enjoy what I'm doing, what I'm busy in, and most importantly a time for me to relieve from the stress of school...

Meanwhile, busy in church ministry, church camp next week, practicing for band performance, doing my free lance by computer servicing and DIY computer (want to know more? click here), editing the software development project with a primary school, supporting that primary school on the software, developing my freelance website, picking up multimedia design, and a lot more... ha... but I do enjoy it, seriously =)

Well, but I won't forget how I went into backsliding stage before. The path to backslide is simple, quite standard... When you're overwhelmed by what you do, you feel alright, you feel that you can handle, then you'll face problem which you can't overcome, 'cause we're weak man after all if we don't stay in God (
Jn 15:4-5 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. (MKJV))... then you'll feel that God is not with you, you feel depressed, lose your faith... when you lose your faith, then you backslide, then gone case... But, the crucial point is how sensitive and alert you are during the initial stage of backsliding, if you know you've to abide in Him at all times, you'll pray and you can keep the faith...

We're human, human is not perfect, what you do might be important, but nothing is more essential than your personal and intimate time with God, if you feel that you're overwhelmed by what you're doing, "take a break, have a chit chat", not to who but to Him la. ha...Don't be the one who gained the whole world but lost himself.


...encourage you; encourage myself...


Lord forgive us when we get consumed by the things of this world,
That fight for our love, and our passion,
As our eyes are open wide and on you.
Grant us the privilege of your world view,
And may your kingdom be, what wakes us up, and lays us down.
(taken from Tobymac - Lose My Soul)

No comments: